Dream Of Italy: Tuscany Episode
(To See Full Tuscany Episode – Hit Play Button Above)
The first episode of Dream of Italy starts in the heart of Tuscany – Chianti – with a visit to Castello di Ama to learn how true Chianti Classico wine is produced and see the modern art that makes up the estate. The area is also famous for olive oil and we visit Pornanino to take part in the olive harvest. Nearby, host Kathy McCabe meets the very special cashmere goats that Nora Kravis raises at Chianti Cashmere Farm. Then it is off to Panzano for a wild boar hunt with the La Squadra Chiantigiana and a visit with philosophical butcher Dario Cecchini. At Busatti in Anghiari, we watch 100-year-old looms craft fine fabrics. The episode ends on the captivating coast of Tuscany in Maremma with a stunning ride with the butteri (cowboys).
CreateTV will be running three marathons of Dream of Italy: Season One during the weekend of March 25/26
Where We Stayed
More About Our Tuscany Episode
Get all of the details on our Tuscany episode and how you can recreate our experiences in Italy on your next trip in our FREE Dream of Italy TV Series Travel Guide!
Download the FREE Travel Guide and start planning your trip to Tuscany to:
- Taste the vintages of the famous Chianti Classico wine region.
- Take part in a traditional olive harvest, resulting in Tuscany’s delicious green gold.
- Visit a cashmere goat farm.
- Join the locals on a wild boar hunt and a celebratory dinner.
- Meet Italy’s most famous butcher Dario Cecchini!
- Visit and old textile mill that is taking a traditional craft into the future.
- Ride with the cowboys of the Maremma.
- Experience much more of Tuscany!
Don’t miss our full-color, 45-page FREE Dream of Italy TV Series Travel Guide detailing all of the travel secrets from the Dream of Italy travel series now airing on PBS stations around the U.S!
Season two of Dream of Italy is now in pre-production. If you’re a company looking to reach an educated, curious, well-traveled demographic and support public television programming, contact us for sponsorship details!