Dream of Italy: Umbria Episode
(To See Full Umbria Episode – Hit Play Button Above)
Umbria has long loomed in the shadow of neighboring Tuscany but visits to Assisi and Perugia in the Umbria episode of Dream of Italy introduce the viewers to the rich treasures of this region. In Perugia, we meet two women carrying on their family traditions — Maddalena Forenza creating stained glass and Marta Cucchia and her handmade textiles. Just outside Perugia, at the Perugina Chocolate School, chocolate maestro Massimiliano Guidubaldi teaches host Kathy McCabe to make the famous Baci candy. Then it is into the countryside around Montefalco to visit the ultra-modern winery Tenuta Castelbuono and learn about the local Sagrantino grape with Marco Caprai at the Arnaldo Caprai vineyard. Kathy enjoys a cooking lesson with Chef Salvatore Denaro. We are then off to a goat cheese farm to meet Diego Calcabrina and his goats and then it is time to harvest precious saffron and forage for greens with Marta Giampiccolo.
Dream Of Italy
If you don’t see your PBS station listed in the search, contact them directly and request Dream of Italy! Keep in mind the search above is just for the next few weeks. Check back as PBS stations and Create TV are continually running Dream of Italy!
Read more about Umbria in our award-winning publication or let us help you plan and book your trip!
Where We Stayed
More About Our Umbria Episode
Get all of the details on our Umbria episode and how you can recreate our experiences in Italy on your next trip in our FREE Dream of Italy TV Series Travel Guide!
Download the FREE Travel Guide and start planning your trip to Puglia to:
- Visit the enchanting towns of Assisi and Perugia.
- Watch the time-honored art of making stained glass.
- Travel a goat farm and watch their milk transformed into delicious cheese!
- Learn how to make world-famous Baci candy at the Perugina Chocolate School.
- Taste the region’s Sagrantino vintage and visit two very distinctive wineries growing this local grape that has taken the world by storm.
- Cook with the one-and-only Salvatore Denaro – you will laugh even more than you eat!
- Forage for wild greens and learn about saffron production from local women.
- Experience much more of Umbria!
Don’t miss our full-color, 45-page FREE Dream of Italy TV Series Travel Guide detailing all of the travel secrets from the Dream of Italy travel series now airing on PBS stations around the U.S!
Season two of Dream of Italy is now in pre-production. If you’re a company looking to reach an educated, curious, well-traveled demographic and support public television programming, contact us for sponsorship details!