Looking for a serene and gorgeous Italian escape? If you love mountains, head to the Dolomites, where the culture and scenery are more reminiscent of bordering Austria than the rest of Italy. Rocky peaks rise above Alpine meadows, while German dialects roll off of locals’ tongues in this northeastern retreat. Hiking is popular in the summer, while skiing reigns in the winter. Adventure sports enthusiasts can also enjoy activities like hang gliding and climbing.
Premium Content – Members Only
- Winter Adventures in Trentino’s Val di Non (December 2017/January 2018)
- Unique Experiences for Kids in Cinque Terre, Dolomites and the Lakes (May 2016)
- Great Local Tour Guides in the Dolomites, Friuli and Emilia-Romagna (Dec. 2012/Jan. 2013)
- Where to Ski in Italy: Best Italian Ski Resorts and Mountain Towns
- Skiing in Italy: The 411 on the Italian Ski Experience (Dec. 2009/Jan. 2010)