In the October/November 2021 issue of Dream of Italy, we explore what’s new in Italy. Here are ten new adventures to put on your list in 2022, including Sophia Loren’s new restaurant in Florence—which we’ve made free to non-members.
After more than a year of being closed to travelers, you might expect Italy to be frozen in time upon its reopening. But as always, there’s plenty of new things to see, eat and do in Italy—and it’s a testament to the resilience and spirit of the nation that Italy keeps changing and innovating even in the face of hardships like a global pandemic.
Two new museums in L’Aquila and Milan, as well as an art exhibit in Florence, will inspire your creative side. Foodies will delight in Dario Cecchini’s new food truck in Chianti, an Aperol bar in Venice and the new Michel’angelo cooking school in Capri. Sophisticated travelers will love the 25hours Hotel Piazza San Paolino in Florence, while those seeking peace for the soul should book a trip to Procida, the Italian capital of culture for 2022. There’s even a new airline waiting to welcome you back to Italy!
- Sophia Loren’s Florence Restaurant (free access to non-members)
- Arrivederci Alitalia, Benvenuto ITA
- Dario Cecchini Tries His Hand at Fast Food
- Modern Art in Abruzzo
- The Eco Game of Goose in Tuscany
- ADI Design Museum Opens in Milan
- A New Spot to Sip a Spritz in Venice
- Delightful Garden Cooking on Capri
- Procida Takes the Spotlight in 2022
- Design Meets Divine in New Florence Hotel