Dream of Italy (@dreamofitaly) will be hosting #italychat on Twitter on Wednesday, May 30th at 3 p.m. ET. The topic taking your kids to Italy and our guest will be Madeline Jhawar (@madelinej)! You’re invited to join us by asking questions and/or sharing your own own advice on traveling with children in Italy.
After five years in Italy working first as a hiking and biking guide and then as a corporate expat, Madeline and her husband settled down in the USA and had two kids, but didn’t stop traveling. In 2008 Madeline founded Italy Beyond the Obvious and now spends her time creating unique itineraries for families traveling to Italy. Her kids are 5 and 7 years old and are now (finally!) okay on 10-hour flights.
If you would like to participate by reading the chat and hopefully asking and answering questions, here are some tips:
- Be sure to use the hashtag #italychat within your Tweet so everyone can see your question, answer, contribution, etc.
- Whether or not you have a free Twitter account, you can follow #italychat LIVE here OR here or you can come back to these links later to read the chat in full.
- @dreamofitaly will tweet out all questions using “Q” and a number- Sample tweet from @dreamofitaly: “Q1: What is your favorite family-friendly town in Italy? #italychat”
- Our special guest @madelinej will tweet her answer using same number – Sample tweet from @madelinej: “A1: I really like San Gimignano #italychat”
- Anyone else on Twitter including YOU can answer the question too using A+number as this is all about sharing great experiences and Italy travel information. Sample tweet from YOU: “A1: I think Siena is great for families, so much to do #italychat”
- If you want to ask Madeline or the crowd a question, start your tweet with @dreamofitaly followed by the question and I will put it in the queue and give it a number (example – “Q6”) and tweet it out when ready. Sample tweet from YOU: “@dreamofitaly Is there a great amusement park in Italy? #italychat”