Dream of Italy (@dreamofitaly) will again be hosting #italychat on Twitter on Wednesday, June 1st at 3 p.m. ET. The topic will be Amalfi Coast travel and our guest will be Laura Thayer (@ciaoamalfi)! You’re invited to join us by asking questions and/or sharing your own own Amalfi Coast travel advice.
Laura Thayer grew up as a travel lover and nomad, living in eight different states before making the jump to expat life in southern Italy in 2008. She attended St. John’s College in Annapolis, Maryland, where she learned how much she loves living in a sailing town and studying languages (Ancient Greek & French). Graduate school pulled her back to the Midwest, where she completed a Masters in Art History at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota. During a fateful holiday on the Amalfi Coast, she fell in love with southern Italian architecture and one very special tour guide. She now lives near another sailing town, the seaside village of Amalfi where she works as a freelance writer.
If you would like to participate by reading the chat and hopefully asking and answering questions, here are some tips:
- Be sure to use the hashtag #italychat within your Tweet so everyone can see your question, answer, contribution, etc.
- Whether or not you have a free Twitter account, you can follow #italychat LIVE here OR here or you can come back to these links later to read the chat in full.
- @dreamofitaly will tweet out all questions using “Q” and a number-
Sample tweet from @dreamofitaly: “Q1: What is your favorite town on the Amalfi Coast? #italychat”
- Our special guest @ciaoamalfi will tweet her answer using same number –
Sample tweet from @ciaoamalfi: “A1: My favorite is the town of Amalfi #italychat”
- Anyone else on Twitter including YOU can answer the question too using A+number as this is all about sharing great experiences and Italy travel information.
Sample tweet from YOU: “A1: Ravello has to be the best town on the AC #italychat”
- If you want to ask Laura or the crowd an Amalfi Coast question, start your tweet with @dreamofitaly followed by the question and I will put it in the queue and give it a number (example – “Q6”) and tweet it out when ready.
Sample tweet from YOU: “@dreamofitaly What are the best gardens to visit on the Amalfi Coast? #italychat”