Dream of Italy (@dreamofitaly) will be hosting the third #italychat on Twitter on Wednesday, February 16th at 3 p.m. ET. The topic will be Umbria and our special guest will be @brigolante! You’re invited to join us by asking questions and/or sharing your own Umbria expertise.
@brigolante is really Rebecca Winke, an American expat, who runs the Brigolante Guest Apartments near Assisi and blogs frequently about the best things to do in Umbria. Rebecca was lovely enough to join our Umbria Harvest Week guests for dinner in November 2010 and we hope to see her again this November! (If you’re interested in learning more about the region, Dream of Italy’s current sample issue is a special report on Umbria.)
If you would like to participate by reading the chat and hopefully asking and answering questions (we know many of you are experienced Italy travelers!), here are some tips:
- Be sure to use the hashtag #italychat within your Tweet so everyone can see your question, answer, contribution, etc.
- Whether or not you have a free Twitter account, you can follow #italychat LIVE here OR here or you can come back to these links later to read the chat in full.
- @dreamofitaly will tweet out all questions using “Q” and a number-
Sample tweet from @dreamofitaly: “Q1: What if your favorite town in Umbria? #italychat”
- Our special guest @brigolante will tweet her answer using same number –
Sample tweet from @brigolante: “A1: I love Assisi #italychat”
- Anyone else on Twitter including YOU can answer the question too using A+number as this is all about sharing great experiences and Italy travel information.
Sample tweet from YOU: “A1: I love the little town of Cannara #italychat”
- If you want to ask Rebecca or the crowd an Umbria question, start your tweet with @dreamofitaly followed by the question and I will put it in the queue and give it a number (example – “Q6”) and tweet it out when ready.
Sample tweet from YOU: “@dreamofitaly What are your favorite vineyards in Umbria?”
Photo of Perugia by Arthur Isack during Dream of Italy’s Umbria Harvest Week