UPDATE: The first #italychat transcript includes great Rome travel advice.
Dream of Italy (@dreamofitaly) is hosting the first #italychat on Twitter today, Wednesday, January 19th at 3p.m. ET.
Today’s special guest is Erica Firpo (@NG_guide) and the topic for the hour-long chat is Rome – anything and everything about traveling to Rome and living there as an expat. Erica’s personal blog is Moscerina and she is the Rome blogger for Nile Guide. Erica is both Italian and American. Her mother is from Rome. Erica and her husband Darius Arya, archaeologist and classics professor, and their children have been living full-time in Rome since 2003. Erica has also worked at the Guggenheim in Venice.
If you would like to participate by reading the chat and hopefully asking and answering questions (we know many of you are experienced Italy travelers!), here are some tips:
- Be sure to use the hashtag #italychat within your Tweet so everyone can see your question, answer, contribution, etc.
- Whether or not you have a free Twitter account, you can follow #italychat LIVE here OR here or you can come back to these links later to read the chat in full.
- @dreamofitaly will tweet out all questions using “Q” and a number-
Sample tweet from @dreamofitaly: “Q1: What if you favorite street in Rome? #italychat”
- Our special guest @ng_rome will tweet her answer using same number –
Sample tweet from @ng_rome: “A1: I love Via Corso for the great shopping #italychat”
- Anyone else on Twitter including YOU can answer the question too using A+number as this is all about sharing great experiences and Italy travel information.
Sample tweet from YOU: “A1: Via Condotti is my favorite for the designer shops #italychat”
- If you want to ask Erica or the crowd a Rome question, start your tweet with @dreamofitaly followed by the question and I will put it in the queue and give it a number (example – “Q6”) and tweet it out when ready.
Sample tweet from YOU: “@dreamofitaly What is the best kid-friendly museum in Rome?”
- Erica Firpo has a few questions she would love ask YOU the crowd about your Rome experiences after the half-hour mark and I will put those in the queue and we would love your participation.
- One #italychat participant will be randomly selected to win an online subscription to Dream of Italy ($79 value). You will be entered by using the hashtag between 3pm and 4pm ET today on Twitter.
We plan to host #italychat every other Wednesday at 3pm ET. The next #italychat will be Wed, February 2nd with special guest @vinoroma. The topic will be Italian wines and wine tourism in Italy!