for a week of food, wine and ceramics:
|Customize a slideshow|
Highlights of Dream of Italy’s Umbria Harvest Week:
• Six nights at the 17th-century farmhouse villa La Fattoria del Gelso near Assisi, Umbria.
• All meals ─ homemade by the villa’s fabulous chef or at restaurants.
• Visit to Italy’s ceramics capital Deruta with hands-on ceramics painting workshop.
• Full day touring, and tasting, at the famed local vineyards of the Montefalco wine zone.
• Hands-on cooking lesson with one of Umbria’s hot, up-and-coming Slow Food chefs. After
the lesson, we’ll have a private lunch at his restaurant.
• Full day truffle hunting extravaganza: hunting for truffles with a local hunter and his dog; a
visit to a truffle laboratory; cooking with truffles demonstration; full meal featuring truffles!
• Visit to an olive mill to watch the yearly harvest in action.
• Guided tour of the Basilica of St. Francis and the town of Assisi.
• Guided tour of the historic Umbrian capital of Perugia.
• Pasta and pizza-making lessons with the villa’s chef.
• Dinner with expats and/or local authors to give us a feel for everyday life in Umbria.
• All transportation for the week via private van.
• Accompanied by Kathy McCabe and terrific local guides.
This entire, one-of-a-kind week costs just $2,450 per person, based on double occupancy in a double room with private bath. (Airfare not included.) We have just several rooms left. See the full itinerary and see you in Umbria!