Our friend Pamela Sheldon Johns writes about her experiences celebrating the holidays in Tuscany in our free Christmas in Italy guide. For those traveling to Toscana this holiday season, she highlights some special holiday events in and around Montepulciano:
- Montepulciano: Natale alle Logge Christmas market and fair featuring artisanal food and wine products and crafts from the area.
- Abbadia di San Salvatore, near Montalcino: Fiaccole di Natale, a procession of candles and torches on Christmas Eve.
- Chianciano Terme: “La Dolce Vita,” a variety of concerts, dancing, shows, thermal offers, and shopping. Program still in development.
- Montepulciano: Planetario Poliziano – projection of an image like that which the wise men saw. December 21 at 9 p.m., or December 27 and January 5 at 5 p.m.
- Several spectacular presepi (nativity scenes), including an amazing living nativity that you walk through in nearby Pozzuolo.
Win Cool Travel Prizes!
Today’s stop on the Travel Bloggers’ Caravan is: CruiseDiva.com. Visit the blog and comment on today’s post for a chance to win a copy of Fodor’s The Complete Guide to Caribbean Cruises and a World Grounding Adaptor Set courtesy of Magellan’s Travel Supplies.