Our award-winning subscription travel newsletter Dream of Italy is looking for one or two talented and motivated fall interns who want a chance to break into or advance in the field of travel writing. Interns should be current college students or recent college graduates who are passionate about Italy and equally passionate about journalism and online media.
Interns will have the chance to write for Web site/blog and the print newsletter and will end the internship with well-respected travel writing clips. Former interns have gone on to great careers in journalism and public relations and the editor/publisher is very happy to mentor interns in all facets of travel writing, journalism and the publishing industry. Interns will gain an insider’s view of how a travel Web site works.
Preference will be given to those intern candidates who can speak Italian or who have studied in Italy or traveled there. Obviously excellent writing and research skills are essential. Strong Web skills – such as basic knowledge of HTML and a basic understanding of search engine optimization – are desirable. Also looking for interns who are not shy about reaching out to sources or to media in an effort to promote Dream of Italy – previous experience at a public relations agency would also be considered a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume ASAP to Editor and Publisher Kathy McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a writing sample related to Italy and/or travel, please include that as well.
Overview of Dream of Italy Intern Tasks:
• Research article ideas, fact- check completed articles.
• Write short articles for print newsletter and e-mail newsletter.
• Locate sources for Italian travel news and write short blog posts.
• Locate photos and edit/post them to site.
• Research events in Italy for our online calendar.
• Assist in organizing and fact-checking Dream of Italy’s e-books.
• Assist in publicity efforts for Dream of Italy’s holiday gift subscription promotion – follow-up with media, use social media to promote deal.