Your faithful editor’s love of celebrity gossip news (really, I’m trying to quit) comes in handy this time of year to report to you where are the big stars are vacationing in Italy this summer. Just like us mere mortals, the celebs love Bella Italia. Here’s a rundown on who’s where, doing what:
- Oprah Winfrey was spotted earlier this month in the lovely Ligurian coastal town of Portofino. Best friend Gayle was along too. I love Oprah and hate to report that the British rags were taking photos of her eating and noting her weight gain. Let the woman eat people, it’s Italy!
- Did you know British Oscar winner Helen Mirren has a home in one of our favorite Italian regions, Puglia? She and her husband bought a 500-year-old castle near the beautiful city of Lecce. Mirren has the paparazzi buzzing with these sexy bikini shots. She’s 63 and has the body of a 20-year-old. Go Helen!
- Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria and husband Tony Parker celebrated their first anniversary in early July with a visit to Italy. They enjoyed Florence and cruised around Sardinia.
- Diva Jennifer Lopez and husband Marc Anthony cruised around the Med on the yacht of designers Dolce & Gabbana. They stopped into Portofino for a port call.
- Brothers & Sisters star Balthazar Getty has been all over the rags for his extramarital affair with British actress Sienna Miller. They’ve taken the affair public on Italy’s Amalfi Coast. Balthazar is a member of the Getty oil family who owned the exquisite villa La Posta Vecchia on the Lazio coast which is now a high-end hotel.