Did you know that star ratings at Italian hotels are awarded by the government? They can sometimes be tricky to understand. Here are some tips for juding hotel ratings-
- 4-star or 5-star hotels must have personnel that speak at least two languages. They must provide breakfast areas and have elevators. (2- and 3-star hotels must have elevators above the 2nd story.)
- Room service is required hotels of 3-stars or more. Housekeeping is also guaranteed once a day as well as an afternoon tidy up.
- All 3-, 4-, and 5-star hotel rooms have telephone with direct external lines. 2-star hotels must have phones in the rooms.
- Linens are changed daily in 4- and 5-star hotels. 3-star hotels change their linens three times a week, 2-stars, twice a week. 1-stars change linens at least once a week.
- Bar service is available 8 hours a day at 2-star hotels, 12 hours at 3-stars and 16 hours at 4-and 5-star hotels.