If you’ve been following Dream of Italy in the past nine months, you know how excited I’ve been about our new TV special for PBS stations and Create TV in the United States – the Dream of Italy: Under the Tuscan Sun Special. Last fall, one of my dreams came true and I traveled to Cortona in Tuscany to see Frances Mayes, author of Under the Tuscan Sun.
Frances and her husband Ed warmly welcomed me and our crew for five days of adventures, from going behind the gate and into the garden and interior of her famous villa Bramasole (some parts never seen on TV) to exploring Cortona with Frances and her introducing me to her local friends from Marco at the enoteca to Anna who sells cashmere to harvesting olives in the Bramasole grove with Ed.
But this special isn’t just about Bramasole or Cortona, it is about life and how we find meaning in each day, because each day is another chance at life! Frances has some incredibly wise words about why people are drawn to Italy and how you have to keep life interesting.
“What are going to do, you’re going to live to 100, you might as well do something interesting and fun and new. I think it’s really important to surprise your life,” Frances tells me in the special.
I can’t wait for you to see this special episode – I think it is our best yet, out of two seasons.
While the special will be “fed” to PBS stations and Create TV on August 19th, it may not start airing on your local station until later in the fall. But I’m doing something very special this time around…Dream of Italy members will get exclusive access (via a password protected video link) to see the entire special FIRST – in fact, right now!
Our current members have been sent a link (look for the email from 7/1) to watch the special at their leisure (or login here and you will see a button and a password to watch.) If you become a new member, you will automatically be sent an email with your own private link.
And of course a Dream of Italy membership includes so much more than exclusive first access to the Tuscan Sun special with Frances Mayes. Here’s what a membership includes, and it starts at just $27.
- Exclusive first viewing (link available immediately when you join now) at the Dream of Italy: Tuscan Sun Special with Frances Mayes
- Immediate online access to 170 back issues of Dream of Italy – covering authentic, experiential travel from the Alps to the toe of Italy and everywhere in between (as well as the islands including Sardinia and Sicily) – we’re almost done updating every single article from the past 17 years. It is the Internet’s greatest curated treasure trove of Italy travel advice
- 10 new issues (delivered online – and by mail if you choose) over the coming year – and guess what
- Travel discounts from cooking schools to villa rentals and our most popular one, 5% off Auto Europe car rentals
- BONUS Ebook: 31 Mistakes Not to Make When You Travel to Italy by Kathy McCabe (sometimes the most useful advice is what NOT to do)
- BONUS Book or Ebook: Love In A Tuscan Kitchen: Savoring Life Through The Romance, Recipes, and Traditions of Italy by Sheryl Ness (you will get a link to a digital copy and if you join as a print member, you will get a hard copy in the mail)
- More members only opportunities!
It is a great time to join as our prices go up in September! Be sure the auto-renew option is checked and you will lock in our current low membership rates.
Watch the trailer to find out what you will see in the special: